I think that I accidentally arranged a drug deal . . . or sex?
I had just made arrangements to meet a friend pretty far east on Foster, when I begin receiving text messages from an unknown number.
Them: Hey [name]. U want me to meet u at ur car at 655?
Well. They called me by my name, it must be somebody I know. 655. Is that an address or a time? That's a pretty specific time to meet someone. And how on earth would anyone know where my car will be at 6:55? I don't even know. Must get more information without revealing that I don't know who is texting me.
Me: Wha???
Genius!
Them: To get powers n give u thunderbolts
WTF!!! Not helpful. I won't give up yet. I have to ask a question that will either confirm that they are who I think they might be OR will make them wonder wtf I'm talking about.
Me: I like thunderbolts. 655 Foster?
I wasn't sure if 655 Foster was in the lake or not, but apparently it still is dry land - though it is a parking lot on the east side of Lake Shore.
Them: Oh shit. Forgot u live so close. I can walk them over b4 u head to i o. What time is good?
At this point I called the number. It was a guy I knew a while back who was trying to contact someone else with the same first name.
I didn't ask what "thunderbolts" were.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment