Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I took off my shirt and we both won

Here is the only "Yelp" review of the doctor I went to see yesterday:

1 Star:
He was able to get me in quickly... and now I know why. Going to this doctor was a very awkward and somewhat scary experience. His office is in a so-so area, but the particular stretch does not look like it would be home to a doctors office. True to expectations, the office is small and run down. The carpet had holes, the ceiling tiles had water stains, etc. The exam rooms are basically closets and I could hear something in another unit while I was talking with the doctor. I literally considered fleeing. Here's the best part: he refused to offer care because he was "unfamiliar" with the area of medicine. I respect that on some level, but... maybe this guy is past his prime.

I saw his appointment book. He had 3 appointments all day.

Though I've had mild cold symptoms for over 2 weeks, I happened to not be showing any of them at the time of the appointment. I could tell he just wanted to tell me to rest and drink lots of fluids, but he could tell that I really just wanted my damn antibiotics prescription.

I took off my shirt and we both won.

No comments: