The most memorable CD was a compilation of songs written by volunteers that helped homeless people write about their experiences (proceeds going to the shelter).
The most memorable song was a song called "Party By Myself" by Dan Bern, about a guy that manages to pull together a little cash and rent a room for a week with a working tv set.
"Six in the evening in my room at the Cecil.
Captain Kirk don't care about my breath or about my bloodshot eyes.
My beer is my friend and my rock is my friend.
And my friends are why I'm getting up tomorrow again."
After purchasing the CDs I was to meet up with some friends nearby so I had some time to kill sitting on a bench on the corner. A woman that stated she was waiting for Nicholas Cage to pick her up struck on a conversation with me. She asked me what CDs I bought. When I told her my CDs and how I was particularly looking forward to listening to this specific CD she became offended that I didn't believe that she was friends with Nicholas Cage - and that my music tastes were crap. I expressed that I didn't know any of these artists, but that I enjoy sampling and supporting unknown music.
My friends came shortly after.
They apparently drive a faster car than Nicholas Cage.

No comments:
Post a Comment